This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Type||Public (TSX: VCM)|
|Industry||Telecommunications, telematics equipment|
|Headquarters||Victoria, British Columbia, Canada|
|Sumit Kumar (CEO & President), Surinder Kumar (Chairman), Dale Booth (CFO)|
|Products||Distributed access architecture, video processing, content delivery networks, telematics|
Number of employees
|377 (June 2020)|
Vecima Networks is a Canadian company that develops hardware and software for broadband access, content delivery, and telematics. It was founded in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, and currently has offices in Saskatoon, Burnaby, Atlanta, London, Amsterdam, Tokyo, and is headquartered in Victoria. Vecima sells its products to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), system integrators, MSOs and other service providers.
- 1988 - Wavecom Electronics is founded and incorporated by Surinder Kumar.
- 1990 - First commercial products include a line of modulators for the cable television industry.
- 1998 - Corporate Headquarters relocated to Victoria.
- 2003 - Wavecom changes name to VCom.
- 2003 - VCom acquires YourLink, a wireless service provider.
- 2005 - VCom transitions to a public company – VCM on the TSX.
- 2005 - VCom wins the Advancing Technology award at BC Export Awards.
- 2006 - VCom changes its name to Vecima Networks.
- 2007 - Vecima acquires Spectrum Signal Processing (Burnaby), a signal processing hardware company.
- 2008 - Vecima signs supply agreement with Cisco Systems.
- 2013 - Vecima announces appointment of Sumit Kumar to position of CEO.
- 2016 - Vecima acquires Contigo Systems, a telematics company.
- 2017 - Vecima sells YourLink to Xplornet.
- 2017 - Vecima acquires Concurrent Computer Corporation, a video content delivery and storage company.
- Overview; Vecima Networks.
- "WiMax specialist Vecima to acquire Spectrum Signal Processing". EE Times. February 17, 2007. Archived from the original on August 13, 2021.
- "Vecima Closes Acquisition of Concurrent / Markets Insider". Business Insider. January 2, 2018. Retrieved 16 April 2021.